Who do I contact in the event of a claim?
In the event that you suffer a loss you should notify your
insurers as soon as possible.
See the table below for the claims phone number
for the insurer that you are insured by.
Aviva UK 0345 302 8424
Sterling Insurance 0330 134 8300
You should also:
- take all reasonable steps to minimise the loss >
- take all reasonable steps to prevent a loss spreading
- notify the claim promptly
- advise the appropriate authorities in the event of a loss or
damage (e.g. police)
- not hinder the insurer in the claims investigation process
and assist them at all times
- not carry out any repair work without the express consent of
the insurer unless you are doing so to prevent further loss.
Failure to comply with the above may render the claim
When reporting a claim you should have available the
- the correct policy number
- the name of the insured/policyholder NOT the leaseholder or
- your relationship to the policyholder (i.e. lessee)
- the full risk address at which the incident occurred
- the date of the incident
- as full a description of what has occurred as possible,
including what has been lost/damaged
- a contact name and telephone number of a person in authority
- information about any estimates/invoices that may already
have been obtained
- whether there are any other insurances in place that may
cover the loss