Buildings Insurance for Blocks of Flats
Our flats buildings policy is designed to suit the needs of a freeholder, residents association, management company or
an RTM company in arranging a block insurance policy for purpose build blocks of flats or houses converted into flats / apartments.
Written on an all risks basis, it provides for the specific needs of flats and flat owners.
Flats Buildings Insurance cover automatically includes:
- Bespoke buildings cover for flats including index linking
- Communal contents up to £25,000
- Loss of rent / alternative accommodation up to 33% of buildings sum insured
- Property owners liability of £5,000,000
- Employers Liability of £10,000,000
- Trace & access of leaks £50,000
- Loss of metered supplies £25,000
- Damage to gardens by emergency services £25,000
- Landlords gardening equipment £10,000
- Replacement locks following theft of keys £2,500
- Felling or lopping of dangerous trees £2,500
- Removal of Bees and/or wasps nests £2,500
- Removal of fly tipping £2,500
And to protect the interests of the policyholder / flat owners our policy automatically includes:
- A non invalidation clause to prevent the policy being invalidated by events unknown by or outside the control of the policyholder.
- Automatic extension for repairs / contract works up to £50,000
- Automatic inclusion of interested parties
- Automatic extension to the Public liability section to protect management companies, residents associations, RTM companies and lessees.
- Automatic extension to extend loss of rent cover to private lessees who rent their flats.
- Automatic transfer of interest extension to cover sale of flats
- Automatic compliance with the mortgage lenders handbook
Extensions are available to cover: